We’re growing our team! If you’re interested in working with a great team within the Music Tech industry, check out the opportunity below.
ABOUT PLAY MPE
With over 18 years of experience in the Music Tech industry, the world’s most influential artists and largest record labels trust Play MPE® as the only globally used end-to-end music promotion distribution system in the industry. We work with more than 15,000 record labels, management companies, promoters, and independent artists to distribute and promote over 2,400 new music releases through our system monthly. We have a strong vision for further product development and are actively expanding our reach into new market segments and business partnerships. There has never been a better time to join the Play MPE® team!
Play MPE® is the global market leader in providing a comprehensive and secure way to distribute music to verified tastemakers in the radio world and well beyond. Our platform facilitates all release creation, marketing, promotion and pre/post release collaboration between content providers (labels, indie labels, marketing companies, artists etc.) and content seekers (such as radio stations and music producers). Advanced tools that allow seamless curation and distribution of musical content, alongside extensive analytical capabilities, make our ecosystem the main central hub for all music promotion and discovery needs.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Business Development team consists of positive, talented and determined self-starters who are able to collaborate effectively and thrive in an environment with a high level of autonomy. Collectively we have decades of experience in the music industry with backgrounds in radio, record promotion, A&R, and more. We’ve worked everywhere from Major Labels to small independent agencies.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
To help us continue to grow, we are looking for a creative, strategic and customer-centric Account Executive to join our team. You will play a pivotal role in helping drive and support our global service by deeply understanding the product, industry and customer profiles.
You will work collaboratively with the rest of our business development, marketing and operations teams to onboard new clients, strengthen our relationships with existing users, and push our product and business forward. Some primary responsibilities include:
- Field incoming leads, onboard new clients and act as their first touch point with the company.
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients to inform and educate them on our services.
- Be involved in business development strategies in order to grow the platform in new markets or corners of the music industry.
- Keep up to date with trends within the music industry, especially with respect to marketing, promotion, and radio.
- When possible, you may be asked to travel for meetings with our amazing clientele and attend relevant music industry events and conferences.
As we’re a small company, we rely on teamwork quite often and more responsibilities may come up from time to time.
- You have passion not only for music but an interest in the industry itself. Industry experience is a plus, but certainly not required.
- You’re a great communicator and feel comfortable connecting with potential new clients.
- You’re a multi-tasker. You can discuss what happened with the last release to clients when they call you to ask how things are going while juggling all other priorities and tasks.
- You’re a forward thinker. We are an established company with a startup mindset. As such, it’s our job to learn, deliver, and scale faster than the competition. You keep your eyes open to stay ahead and move quickly. You’re not afraid to say: “I don’t know, but I can find out.”
- Working independently is a huge asset to you. However, you consider being a team player a virtue.
This full-time position will report to our Director of Business Development. Play MPE is headquartered in Vancouver, BC but this role is open for remote work.
Compensation is based on experience and includes stock options and benefits.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter telling us why you’re interested in the position to email@example.com.